Configurable Double Limit Switch
This module contains two comparators and one or two relays for the monitoring of analog signals from 0-400 mV, 0-10 V or 0-20 mA. The input range, the operating mode, and the setting of the contacts can be programmed via DIL-switches on the rear of the unit.
- Two switching thresholds with status LEDs, adjustment via a 12-turn potentiometer
- Choice of one or two relays with double-throw contacts
- Selectable operating modes: limit switch, window comparator, two-position controller
- Programmable hysteresis (standard) and time delay (optional)
Modules for DIN-Rails
- Programmable via DIL-switches: 0-20 mA/100 Ohm input impedance, 0-400 mV/100 MOhm input impedance 0-10 V/250 kOhm input impedance.
- 250 VAC/2 A max. switching voltage/switching current, max. 24 W/60 VA switching capacity, test voltage 1000 VAC. Gold-plated relay contacts also for µV/µA-signals.
- Max. current requirement with two relays is 80 mA.
- The operating mode is selected via DIL-switches:
- One or two (relays 1 and 2) independent limiting values (thresholds).
- Window comparator (only relay 1).
- Two position controller (only relay 1).
- Additional settings: relay inversion switching status, hysteresis (0.1-2% by trimming potentiometer).
- Second relay (only for "high" limit)
- Open input detection/current interruption (relay released)
- Time delays (fixed or programmable)
When ordering, please specify:
- COM 90-1 or -2 (with two relays)
- DC-DC converter for the power supply
- Basic version: COM 90-1 (with one relay), no DC-DC converter, no time delay
Setting of the Switching Limits, LED control light
The two switching limits, "high" and "low" are each set by a potentiometer (approx. 12 rotations) on the front plate. The three light diodes indicate whether the input signal lies below the "low" limiting value, between the two values (in the window between "low" and "high") or above the "high" limit value.
Setting the DIL switches
|Simple limit value
|Two position controller
|Inversion relays 1
|Inversion relays 2
Note: switches 2 and 3 must not simultaneously be "on".
- Simple Limit Switch: the lower limiting value ("low") controls relay 1, the upper limiting value ("high") controls relay 2 (if present). The two limiting values (relays) are independent.
- Window Comparator
- Two Position Controller: The switching points (hysteresis) are set via the two limiting values "low" and "high". Applications include fullness controller ("low": on, "high": off).
|Operating Mode:||Window comparator|
|Input:||Voltage input 0-10 V|
Note: when switching inductive loads (e.g., coils/transformers, motors) overvoltages occur which can lead to EMC problems and in some cases even to destruction of the relay contacts. These overvoltage spikes must be suppressed by suitable electronics at the load (e.g., RC-circuit or varistor).